While trying to open company files stored on the server computer, in QuickBooks Desktop’s multi-user mode, are you seeing the error message Cannot communicate with the company file QuickBooks? If yes, there is no need to worry at all. Because with this post, we will provide you with the reasons that usually throw such a multi-user error, along with all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for instant troubleshooting support to fix the following error message: Cannot communicate with the company file QuickBooks? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number 844.932.1139.
What causes the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error message?
The followings are all the possible reasons that can cause the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error message:
- * The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on the server computer.
- * The version of the QuickBooks Desktop application is outdated.
How to resolve the Cannot communicate with the company file QuickBooks error message?
Solution 1) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. On the server computer, get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most updated version (126.96.36.199).
2. Choose the setup file QuickBooksToolHub.exe you downloaded and follow the instructions you see on the computer’s screen.
3. Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
4. Choose the Network Issues tab at the left panel of the screen.
5. In the Fix My Network section, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
6. Select the Browse button to choose the QuickBooks company file and then hit the Start Scan button.
7. Once the Database Server Manager is done scanning the company file, select the Close button.
8. Open QuickBooks Desktop on the workstation and try to open the company file.
Solution 2) Use the administrator account to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
1.Open the Windows Start menu and enter “QuickBooks” into the search column.
2. Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop version year you are using.
3. Type into the administrator password of QuickBooks as prompted.
4. In QuickBooks Desktop, select the Help menu at the top menu bar.
5. Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list of options.
6. Click on the Mark All button in the Options tab.
7. In the Update Now tab, checkmark the Reset Update checkbox and select the Get Updates button to download updates.
8. Close QuickBooks Desktop and then reopen it.
9. Select the Yes button at the update installer prompt.
If you can’t get rid of the message “Cannot communicate with the company file QuickBooks” even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, then there is a great possibility that QuickBooks is failing to access the folder that contains the company file due to a lack of required permissions. Our recommendation for you is to grant the required permission to the folder containing company files and see whether this resolves the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to fix the multi-user error, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number 844.932.1139.