At the north-west end is a junction with Buckingham Palace Road and Birdcage Walk opposite Buckingham Palace. At the south-east end is a junction with Victoria Street. The Wellington Barracks are to the north-east. The street is designated as part of the B323 road.
The Buckingham Gate drill halls stood at No. 58 and No. 59. No. 59 was the regimental headquarters of the London Scottish and also served as the location for the British Wreck Commissioner's inquiry into the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912.
There are a number of diplomatic missions on the road:
- No. 20 - High Commission of Swaziland
- No. 60 - South Korean Embassy
- No. 75-88 - Embassy of Macedonia
There are several restaurants in Buckingham Gate. Currently, there is Bistro at the St. James Court, A Taj Hotel London St. James, the Quilon Indian restaurant at No. 41, The Zander cocktail bar is at No. 45, and Bongusto Italian restaurant at No. 75.
- No. 51 is The Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, a five-star hotel.
- No. 59 is Swire House, accommodating the Britain–Australia Society and the Hong Kong Association and Society.
- No. 62 is the Rolls-Royce Group PLC headquarters.
- "Blue plaque". Londonremembers.com. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- Hong Kong Association and Society
|This London road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|