|Devil's Tower Camp|
|Devil's Tower Road, Gibraltar|
Devil's Tower Camp
|Owner||Government of Gibraltar|
|Built for||War Office|
|Occupants||Royal Gibraltar Regiment|
The site dates back to 1713 when Spain ceded land to the United Kingdom under the Treaty of Utrecht. The camp was established in 1942 as an RAF barracks to support RAF Gibraltar during the Second World War and was located conveniently close to the airfield.
The facilities, which were increasingly used by the British Army after the War, became the home of the Royal Gibraltar Regiment. They were expanded and refurbished to provide a new catering complex and single living accommodation for some 450 troops in 2009. The new facilities also included the Princess Royal Medical Centre, established to provide medical facilities for military personnel, which was opened by the Princess Royal during that year.
In 2011 Government of Gibraltar and the UK Ministry of Defence agreed that the UK's property requirements would be filled by the Naval Base, the Airfield, Devil's Tower Camp and Four Corners so releasing extensive other property for disposal.