John Pratt (October 12, 1753 – December 27, 1824) was an officer in the United States Army who served as acting Adjutant General of the U.S. Army from 1790 to 1791.
- Heitman, Francis B. (1903). Historical Register and Dictionary of the United States Army, Volume 1. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. pp. 37, 804.
- Lytle, Richard M.; Gordon, Martin (2004). Soldiers of America's First Army, 1791. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press. p. 163.
- Rodenbough, Theophilus F.; Haskin, William L. (1896). The Army of the United States. New York City: Maynard, Merrill & Co. p. 5.
- "Military History of John Pratt". Pennsylvania Cincinnati Military History. The State Society of the Cincinnati of Pennsylvania. Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- Biography from the Dallas Museum of Art