|Melville Air Station|
|Part of Pinetree Line|
|Controlled by||Northeast Air Command|
Aerospace Defense Command
|Built by||United States Air Force|
Melville Air Station (ADC ID: N-24) was a General Surveillance Radar station. It was located on the summit of Dome Mountain, 5.4 miles (8.7 km) west of CFB Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador. It was closed in 1988.
The site was established in 1953 as a General Surveillance Radar station, funded by the United States Air Force. It was used initially by the Northeast Air Command, which stationed the 641st Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron on the station on 1 November 1957. The station functioned as a Ground-Control Intercept (GCI) and warning station. As a GCI station, the squadron's role was to guide interceptor aircraft toward unidentified intruders picked up on the unit's radar scopes.
It was equipped with the following radars:
In 1971, the USAF transferred control of the site to the Canadian Forces. It was closed in 1988.