The River View
|Nearest city||Oakley, Maryland|
|NRHP reference No.||76002170 |
|Added to NRHP||May 4, 1976|
The River View is a historic home located at Oakley, St. Mary's County, Maryland, United States. It is a 1 1⁄2-story, Flemish bond brick house that is one of the best preserved examples of its type in Lower Southern Maryland. It was built by the Gardiner family in the early 18th century, then purchased by Ignatius Fenwick, a prominent military figure in Maryland's Revolutionary War Navy. Also on the property are a number of early domestic dependencies which comprise the largest single collection of such buildings in St. Mary's County.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 15, 2008.
- Michael Bourne (August 1970). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: The River View" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "An amateur poem: 'Losing River View Farm'". Retrieved 2017-06-13.
- The River View, St. Mary's County, including undated photo, at Maryland Historical Trust
- "An Amateur Poem: 'Losing River View Farm'"
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in St. Mary's County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|