QuickBooks garners respect from all over the world when it comes to the best accounting applications. With the help of QuickBooks, users can take care of their regular business activities better. There will be nothing wrong if we say that QuickBooks is not just an accounting software as it also serves several other purposes, such as managing expenses & income, organizing receipts, tracking mileage & time, etc. However, despite being so impeccably designed and advantageous to use, QuickBooks is not free from errors and bugs. In this post, we are going to discuss the QuickBooks connection has been lost error, which generally takes place when a user tries to open the company file or make changes to it in QuickBooks Desktop. There can be many reasons causing such a company file error that we aim to explain to you, along with the solutions through this post.
The following error message shows up on the computer screen with the error prompt:
“The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.”
Want to get rid of QuickBooks connection has been lost error without wasting your time on tiresome troubleshooting solutions? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our technical expert team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks connection has been lost error?
QuickBooks connection has been lost error generally gets prompted when there are some complications with the company data itself. Although, there can be numerous reasons also, like the ones we have mentioned below:
- • The program files of the QuickBooks Desktop might have been damaged or corrupted.
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks connection has been lost error?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair the issues with the company file
- • On the server computer, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (22.214.171.124).
- • Select the downloaded installer named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions you see on the computer screen.
- • To complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- • Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- • From the left panel, choose the Company File Issues tab.
- • Under the Fix My Company File section, select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- • Select the Browse and search option to find the company file on the computer.
- • Now, choose the Check your file option and then click on the Continue button.
- • When prompted, type the admin password of QuickBooks Desktop and then hit the Next button.
Solution 2) Repair the QuickBooks program files using the Quick Fix my Program tool
- • Right-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and choose the Open option.
- • From the left panel, choose the Program Problems tab.
- • Click the Quick Fix my Program button under the Fix My Program section and let the tool run.
- • When the tool is finished repairing the QuickBooks program files, try to perform the action that has been triggering the error.
If you are unable to get rid of the QuickBooks connection has been lost error even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions explained in the above post, then there is a great possibility that the folder containing the company file has been damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to recreate the damaged folder to save the company file and check if this rectifies the error or not. For further troubleshooting assistance fixing the company file error, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks expert team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.