QuickBooks offers its users the multi-user feature to enhance collective productivity without putting extra cost of QB licenses for every employee. The QuickBooks database server manager ensures that everything runs smoothly by allowing every user to access the company file on the server. However, users face issues when they cannot open the company file due to the Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error. It usually occurs when the database server manager service suddenly stops or fails to run altogether. More on it is discusses in the blog below.
Multi-user issues can be resolved easily when you have an expert on the line to assist you through it. Get one anytime by dialling the toll-free number (844)-932-1139.
Main causes behind why QuickBooks database server manager not running
Below are mentioned the root causes of the qbdbmgrn won’t start on server error message. Take a look.
- 1. The Windows Firewall is stopping the database server manager from running behind the system.
- 2. The database server manager is not updated.
- 3. The user has not installed the database server manager properly.
- 4. The network data file is severely damaged.
One or some of these reasons can be easily identified by the user when the error occurs on the computer system. After identifying the root cause, you can go with the appropriate solution from the next segment.
Possible Troubleshooting for the Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error
Below are given the solutions that could help you in fixing the qbdbmgrn not running on server error message.
Solution- 1: Manually Restart the QuickBooks Database Manager Service
If the server manager service is stopped, you can try to restart it by following the steps mentioned below.
- 1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window and type Services.msc in the Open box.
- 2. Press the Enter key and look for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service from the list of services.
- 3. Right-click on the service and choose the Restart option.
Open the QuickBooks again and try to open the company file in multi-user mode. If you still can’t connect to it, follow the next solution.
Solution- 2: Repair the QuickBooks Application
It might be possible that corrupted installation files might be causing the database server manager to act differently. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue by repairing the QuickBooks application.
- 1. Open the Run window and enter appwiz.cpl in the Open box.
- 2. Click on OK and from the list of programs, look for the QuickBooks application.
- 3. Right-click on the QuickBooks application and choose the Uninstall / Change option.
- 4. Select Continue and choose the Next button.
- 5. Once the install wizard comes up, select the Repair button and choose Next.
- 6. Once the repair completes, select the Finish button.
After exiting the install wizard window, restart the computer system.
At the end of our blog on the Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error, we would like to give our readers one more solution if none of the instructions work out for them. Call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate expert assistance on the line.