So you just found that your Gmail password isn't working. In the moment of panic that follows, you're probably wondering if you were hacked, or if you simply don't remember what the password was.
The good news is, you probably weren't hacked - Google sends out notifications and warnings whenever someone signs in on a new device or changes your password, so unless you've been logged out for a while, that's unlikely.
Still, it's a pain not to be able to access your email, and you probably want to remedy this situation as quickly as possible. Luckily, it's very easy to reset your Gmail password from your computer or your phone, so long as you set up any method of recovery at the beginning - a backup email or phone number.
Here's how to reset your Gmail password, from both your phone and your computer.
How to reset your Gmail password and create a new one
1. Go to the Gmail login screen on your device and type in the name of the account you need to recover.
2. When it asks you to enter your password, instead hit the phrase "Forgot password?" in blue underneath.
3. If you can, type in the last password you remember using with your Gmail account. Gmail does this just in case you haven't actually forgotten your password.
If the password you enter is actually your current password, you'll be redirected to Gmail, and you don't need to worry about the rest of these steps. If the password you enter is an old one or one you've never used, Gmail will automatically take you to step four.
4. Depending on whether you have a phone connected to your Google account, Google may automatically send your phone a notification - pressing "Yes" on this notification will let Google reset your password.
If you don't receive this notification or want to do it a different way, click "Try another way" at the bottom of the screen.
5. If you've set up a recovery phone number with this account, or another account attached to this one, Gmail will give you the option to send a text or call to that number containing a code you can use to confirm your identity.
If you have your phone on you, select your preferred method of communication, then skip to step six.
For more solution contact Google phone Number +1-888-625-2848.