In this article I want to tell you about the aspects to review when we look for a Detox New Orleans center. If you are reading this article, you are probably a relative of a person with problems with drugs and you will be quite desperate.
- You will want to know if it is the same a Townsend Treatment Centers Louisiana, an addiction rehabilitation clinic, a therapeutic community or a psychological clinic to treat addictions.
- You will ask the price of the detoxification centres, if they are effective, how they work and a lot of other doubts.
- Although the names that are used in general are diverse, a Townsend Addiction Center, a detoxification center, a therapeutic community or a rehabilitation clinic are the same.
- It is a place where a person with problems with drugs is admitted to learn to overcome addiction.
Public or private detoxification center
The first choice when choosing a Addiction Treatment New Orleans is to be clear if we are looking for a private or public center. Public centres are free and you have to be referred to them by a specialist. Inform your general practitioner that you want an appointment in the addictive behaviour unit (in each Autonomous Community they have a different name) or request an appointment directly (this is one of the few specialties that you can access without the head of the GP).
Keep in mind that the units of public system actions offer several types of treatments and not all involve entering a detoxification center. It will be the doctor who values what type of treatment is the most appropriate.
If the doctor raises the entrance in a detoxification clinic, this treatment will be free and sometimes you will have to wait several months to have a place.
Regarding the quality of the centres set up with the public health system, we find everything.
Before entering a center derived by public health, try to find out who is managing it, what type of treatment it offers and what level of professionalization it has.
Free or paid detox center
- Concerted public centres, of which we have just spoken
- Private payment detox centres, which will be discussed later
- Be careful with this type of centres. Most replace the treatment by faith, and are much more like a sect than a place rehabilitated from drugs.
- There are centres, such as the men's project, which, although they belong to the Catholic Church, do not fall into this latter category.
- They are usually centres of an acceptable quality, arranged with the public system and with professionals who manage in treatment.
Private rehabilitation centres of payment
In this category we find a great variety of types of centres and prices. It may seem expensive, but if they manage to help your son / husband / mother, getting out of the drug may be a good investment.
Search compare and hire the best possible center.
As advice, proximity is not a good criterion to choose the Treatment Centers in New Orleans. Find out and try to find the one that best suits the patient we want to treat.