The Occupying Movement
· The goal of the Occupying Movement was to advance social and economic justice and new forms of democracy
· This movement took place in over 951 cities across 82 countries and over 600 communities in the U.S.
· Cornel West says that it’s hard to distill to a few demands of the occupying movement.
· The Occupying Movement was criticized by the news media for not having clear defined goals
· The Occupying Movement had a commitment to non-violence.
· Indymedia helped the movement by saying that there were conference calls on Skype with participants from up to 80 locations