Among the most significant factors that make a business venture successful, daily bookkeeping is the one and to do it efficiently, hundreds of companies from all over the world use QuickBooks Desktop. Although QuickBooks is quite well designed and advantageous to work with, it is not free from technical glitches and errors. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks save as PDF not working error, which usually takes place when a user tries to save the files or reports stored in QuickBooks Desktop in PDF format. There can be numerous reasons causing such a PDF error that we intend to discuss with you, alongside the solutions through this post.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks save as PDF not working error without wasting your precious time on implementing the tiresome troubleshooting solution? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks save as PDF not working error?
QuickBooks save as PDF not working error gets triggered when there are some with the program files of QuickBooks Desktop. However, there can be other reasons as well, like the ones we have mentioned below:
- • QuickBooks is failing to access the Temp folder, which is essential for it to save the files or reports in PDF format.
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks save as PDF not working error?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool to repair the program files of QuickBooks Desktop
- • From Intuit’s website, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (126.96.36.199) and save it on the desktop.
- • Select the installation file QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
- • Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Open option.
- • Select the Program Problems tab located at the left pane of the window.
- • Click on the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool button and let the tool run.
- • Once the tool is done repairing the program files, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to save the files or reports in PDF format.
Solution 2) Grant required permissions to the Temp folder
- • Press the Windows icon and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open the RUN command.
- • Enter %TEMP% into the search space and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- • Right-click anywhere empty space of the Temp folder, and select the Properties option from the drop-down list.
- • Go to the Security tab.
- • Make sure that all the user names and groups displaying on the Security tab have Full Control.
- • Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to save the files or reports in PDF format.
If you are unable to get rid of QuickBooks save as PDF not working error even after following both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there are high chances the Microsoft component MSXML, which is essential for QuickBooks to work, has been damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to try to repair the Microsoft component MSXML and check if this fixes the error or not. For further troubleshooting assisting fixing the PDF error, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.