The report "Probiotic Ingredients Market by Application (Functional Foods & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, and Animal Nutrition), Source (Bacteria and Yeast), Form (Dry and Liquid), End User (Human and Animal), and Region - Global Forecast to 2023", is estimated at USD 268 million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 402 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. The market is driven by factors such as increasing popularity of probiotic dietary supplements and participation of government bodies in the R&D of probiotics.
- Determining and projecting the size of the probiotic ingredients market with respect to its application, source, form, end user, and regional markets, over a five-year period ranging from 2018 to 2023
- Identifying attractive opportunities in the market by determining the largest and fastest-growing segments across regions
- Analyzing the demand-side factors on the basis of the following:
- Impact of macro- and micro-economic factors on the market
- Shifts in demand patterns across different sub-segments and regions
- Identifying and profiling key players in the probiotic ingredients market
- Understanding the competitive landscape and identifying major growth strategies adopted by players across the key regions
- Analyzing the supply chain and regulatory frameworks across regions and their impact on prominent market players
- Providing insights on key investments in product innovations and technology and patent registrations
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=238635114
The functional foods & beverages segment is estimated to account for the largest share, by application, in 2018
Based on application, the probiotic ingredients market is segmented into functional foods & beverages, pharmaceuticals, animal nutrition, and others, which include cosmetics and personal care. The functional foods & beverages segment is estimated to account for the largest share in 2018 as it is widely used in the manufacture of products such as cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products. The rising health concerns among consumers is driving the market for probiotics within this segment.
The bacteria segment, by source, is estimated to dominate the probiotic ingredients market in 2018
By source, the probiotic ingredients market is segmented into bacteria and yeast. The bacterial segment mainly consists of strains from the genus of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. This segment is estimated to account for the largest share in the probiotic ingredients market in 2018. Although yeast is more stable and robust, bacteria strains have more health benefits and a large number of strains that are available within the bacteria. Due to these factors, bacteria strains continue to remain preferred over yeast.
Speak to Analyst: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalystNew.asp?id=238635114
Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the probiotic ingredients market in terms of value in 2018
Probiotics are gaining popularity in the Asia Pacific market particularly in the animal nutrition segment due to the growing concerns about their health and productivity. The application of probiotic strains is projected to increase due to the consumer demand for application in functional foods and pharmaceutical end products. India offers a huge potential in this region due to the increasing number of pharmaceutical companies involving themselves in the licensing and development of probiotic drugs. China’s growth in terms of sales is attributed to the growing application of probiotics in the infant formula business.
This report includes a study on the marketing and development strategies, along with a study on the product portfolios of the leading companies. It includes the profiles of leading companies such as Kerry (Ireland), DowDuPont (US), Chr. Hansen (Denmark), Biogaia (Sweden), Probi (Sweden), Glac Biotech (Taiwan), Bifodan (Denmark), Lallemand (Canada), UAS Laboratories (US), and Biena (US).
- In March 2018, Kerry Group acquired, Ganeden Inc., a US-based developer, and manufacturer of probiotics, to complement its existing portfolio. Ganeden Inc. would help to strengthen Kerry’ nutrition and general wellness positioning in the US market.
- In September 2016, to strengthen its probiotic offering, Chr. Hansen acquired LGG, the world’s best documented probiotic strain from Valio Ltd. Valio OY is a Swedish company that provides for a range of ingredients for the food & beverage industry, besides consumer products.
- In January 2018, Biogaia introduced Protectis Probiotics—chewable tablets containing Lactobacillus reuteri protectis and vitamin D. This helped the company to strengthen its offerings within the probiotic strains segment.
Key Questions addressed by the report:
- What are the growth opportunities for the probiotic cultures/strains market?
- What are the application industries served by probiotic ingredients manufacturers?
- What are the various sources of probiotic strains?
- Patents filed in the field of probiotic ingredients.
- What are the major challenges faced by strains manufacturers in order to comply with the regulations?
Source URL : https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/probiotic-ingredients-market-238635114.html