QuickBooks Error Code 9000 prevents you from sending payroll data or direct deposits of paychecks because the connection between QuickBooks and the server is lost. Various reasons can cause the error. Diagnosing the cause of the error will help find an effective solution to fix the error. The information given below in this article will help you understand the causes and the solutions to the error. Read the complete article to know more about QuickBooks Error Code 9000.
If you get stuck while troubleshooting, and require immediate help to resolve the error, dial 800-583-0572 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Expert.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error 9000?
- 1. Your Internet Settings are not properly set up.
- 2. The Firewall is blocking the QuickBooks application.
- 3. The date and time are wrong on your computer.
The most common causes of the error are listed above. You can easily find the solution to the error if you understand the cause of the error. If you don’t understand what caused the error, use the hit and trial method to apply the solutions.
Troubleshooting methods to fix QuickBooks Error 9000
1. Set up QuickBooks Internet Connection Settings properly
Wrong Internet connection Settings can trigger the error 9000 in QuickBooks. You need to set up the Internet Settings correctly to fix the error. Follow the steps listed below to set up Internet Connection Settings:
- • Open the QuickBooks app and select the Help menu.
- • Click the Use my computer Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application access the Internet option.
- • Then select Next.
- • After that, choose Advance Connection Settings.
- • Go to LAN settings and checkmark the Automatically Detect Settings checkbox.
- • The Proxy Server checkbox should not be check marked.
- • Lastly, select the OK button and click Done.
2. Disable Firewall Temporarily
If the Firewall is stopping QuickBooks from working, disable the Firewall for some time and then again enable the Firewall after your task is completed. The steps to disable the Firewall are provided below:
- • Open the Windows Start menu.
- • Type settings in the search box and select Settings from the result.
- • Click the Update and Security option.
- • Then select the Windows Security option from the left pane.
- • From the Protection Area, choose Firewall & network protection.
- • After that, choose a network profile.
- • Finally, under Microsoft Defender Firewall, you will see a switch. Click the switch to disable the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
- • After your task is complete, switch on the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
This article explains the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 9000. The solutions described above include setting up the QuickBooks Internet Connection Settings and disabling the Firewall. If the error is still not fixed, check the date and time on your computer. Incorrect date and time can trigger the error as well. Dial 800-583-0572 if you have any doubts related to the article or the error.